Mission & Vision
Our vision is for a world free of colon cancer where education, early detection and treatment lead to survivorship for all.
Our mission is to knock colon cancer out of the top three cancer killers. We are doing this by championing prevention, funding cutting-edge research and providing the highest quality patient support services.
- Prevention: Screening is the number one way you can reduce your risk for this unique cancer. While screening is the most important step you can take – it’s not the only one. You can take charge of your health by knowing your family history and possible risk factors, eating a balanced diet, exercising, limiting alcohol use and not smoking. Together, this is a cancer we can do something about.
- Research: Our research agenda includes the following: advancing biomarker research, understanding why those under 50 are increasingly diagnosed with colon cancer, decreasing late-state diagnosis of high-risk populations, closing the referral gap for screening and diagnostic testing, and advancing long-term survivorship psychosocial concerns. We view patients, researchers, medical institutions and industry as pivotal allies for pursuing this mission.
- Patient Support: You’re not alone – our patient support team is here to provide hope and support to you and your family, while connecting you to the latest information, expert resources and cutting-edge tools that you need to get through a cancer diagnosis.
- Compassion: We care, and we are on your team. Since our founding, we have been the leader in peer support and encouragement. No one has to face this cancer alone.
- Respect: We recognize the courage and the dedication of all who are fighting this disease including survivors, families, the medical community, our partners and other cancer organizations. We believe that mutual respect and collaboration are absolutely essential.
- Commitment: We are passionate about increasing survivorship and igniting change in the way this disease is viewed and discussed. We will work tirelessly to realize our vision of a world without colon cancer.
- Education: We will continue to support research and position ourselves on the forefront of new developments in colon cancer prevention and treatment and bring this knowledge to the public.
- Confidence: We know we are making a difference, and this tenacity drives us onward. We are inspired daily by the army of brave survivors in our ranks – living proof that colon cancer can be beat.