Participants Needed: Healthy Weight Loss Study
Posted on April 6, 2014
Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health is seeking participants for their Healthy Weight Loss for Cancer Survivors Study, an exercise and diet weight loss program for female colon cancer survivors.
- Are you a female stage I-III colon or rectal cancer survivor?
- Are you overweight and want to lose weight?
- Do you exercise less than two and a half hours per week?
- Are you postmenopausal?
- Do you have access to the Internet?
- Do you live in or around any of these areas?
- Tucson, AZ – University of Arizona Medical Center
- Wichita, KS – Wichita area medical centers
- Chicago, IL – Loyola University
- Kansas City, KS – University of Kansas
- Royal Oak, MI – Beaumont area medical centers
- New York, NY – New York Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University
- Greenville, SC – Greenville area medical centers
- Seattle, WA – Swedish Medical Center
- Vallejo, CA – Kaiser Permanente Northern California
If yes, you may be eligible to participate in a diet and exercise weight loss program for colon cancer survivors!
What would you have to do? If you participate in this study, here’s what you’d have to do:
- Receive nutrition counseling over the phone for 12 months
- Receive membership at a local Curves® club for 12 months at no cost.
- Go to 5 clinic visits over the course of the study.
- Have 3 fasting blood draws.
- Complete online surveys and telephone interviews every 6 months for 1 year.
This study is sponsored by the National Cancer Institute. For more information, please contact:
Christine Molmenti, PhD, RD
More from my site