Colorectal Cancer Treatment
Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before Treatment
- What is the stage of the disease? Has the cancer spread?
- What are my treatment choices? Which do you suggest for me? Will I have more than one kind of treatment?
- What are the expected benefits of each kind of treatment?
- What are the risks and possible side effects of each treatment? How can the side effects be managed?
- What can I do to prepare for treatment?
- How will treatment affect my normal activities? Am I likely to have urinary problems? What about bowel problems, such as diarrhea or rectal bleeding? Will treatment affect my sex life?
- What will the treatment cost? Is this treatment covered by my insurance plan?